What should I expect at my appointment?
- At your first appointment:
- Bring photo ID. A copy will be placed in your file for identification purposes.
- Your client advocate will go over a few questions to better understand your specific situation.
- Friends and family may join midway through your appointment.
- Average appointment is 45 - 55 minutes including a urine-based pregnancy test.
- After a positive pregnancy test:
- You will discuss options including support systems during pregnancy (family, boyfriend, friends).
- You will receive confirmation paperwork to assist with OB Medicaid and food assistance (SNAP/WIC).
- You may schedule your free ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy. Ultrasounds are typically scheduled after you are 8 weeks past your Last Menstrual Period.
Remember, we are here for YOU. Your information is completely confidential and you will not be judged. If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, the choice of what you do is up to you. We will clearly present your options and give you open, honest answers to your questions.