Womanâ€™s Right to Know Act of North Carolina
The â€œWomanâ€™s Right to Know Actâ€ requires that women who seek abortions be fully informed about relevant issues such as:
- Medical risks associated with all your options including carrying a pregnancy to term or abortion,
- Probable gestational age of the fetus,
- Abortion methods,
- Possible psychological effects of abortion,
- Medical risks of carrying pregnancy to term,
- Public and private agencies and services available to assist you through your pregnancy, at childbirth and after delivery,
- Information on free ultrasounds.
The information outlined in the Act must be given to you by a physician or qualified professional. This certification must be signed before an abortion procedure can be accomplished. MAPS can provide you with the education that this certification requires if you are considering an abortion.